This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.
Materials & Information
- Advance Planning with Parents: Guide for Advocates July 2018
- Advance Planning with Parents: Training Slides for Advocates LatinoJustice/PRLDF May 2018
- Planificacion Anticipada Para Padres Espanol June 2018
- List of Advance Planning Documents
- What If I’m Picked Up By Ice: Preparing for the Possibility of Being Detained, Deported, and Separated From Your Children (Steptoe & Johnson 2017)
- What If I’m Picked Up By ICE? (Spanish Translation) ¿y QUÉ si me agarra y me arresta el i.c.e. en arizona? desarollando Un Plan de familia (Steptoe & Johnson, 2017)
- Joe Rosenberg Audio Webinar, 3.9.17: Training for NY Immigration Coalition advocates (non-lawyers)
- Joe Rosenberg Training Materials, Audio Webinar 3.9.17, NY Immigration Coalition Advocates (non-lawyers): Advance Planning for Parents
- Migrant Policy Institute Fact Sheet, Profile of U.S. Children with Unauthorized Immigrant Parents (Jan. 2016)
Planificacion Anticipado Para Padres
.@NYGovCuomo you signed Executive Order 202.7 allowing remote notary services. Given #COVID2019 NYS on PAUSE, we need Executive Order allowing remote execution of wills, health care proxies, standby guardian, & other legal docs requiring witnesses, otherwise does not stop spread. twitter.com/bariweiss/stat…
Planning w/Parents Guided Interviews available to public in English & Spanish: community.lawyer/search?juris… For advocates & parents: learn about advance planning & create NY docs: Temp Care & Custody, Standby Guardian, Power of Attorney Thanks @CUNYLaw, advocates, & @LawyerCommunity.
With @LawyerCommunity the @CUNYLaw Planning with Parents Project created a NY guided interview for advocates & parents to create planning documents for children: temporary care & custody; standby guardian; & financial power of attorney. DM for more info. pri.org/stories/2020-0…
2013 report @ProsecutorInteg found less than 2% of 3,625 cases of prosecutor misconduct from 1963-2013 resulted in public sanctions. NYers deserve better from prosecutors. TY law profs including @CUNYLaw profs @SteveZeidman & @nicoles_nyc #AccountabilityNY accountabilityny.org
It's time to #signA259aS1414a into law! @GovKathyHochul, looking forward to your signature on this critical bill that will open #MidwiferyBirthCenters w the gold standard of natl accreditation. #NY birthing families need this bill NOW! #Midwifery #BirthEquity #DoulaTwitter #NYC
Att’n @TheAALS & law profs: “Instead of thinking about law school as having “defaults” (e.g., cold calls, curve)…see legal ed as collection of structural choices…Up to us to create structures that make students strong, healthy lawyers.” @kathrynemyoung P.S. No curve @CUNYLaw twitter.com/inspiredcat/st…
“While U.S. law states an immigrant’s testimony alone is sufficient to justify asylum…adjudicators expect asylum-seekers to furnish forensic medical evaluations…yet most applicants do not have an attorney, much less a forensic medical evaluator.” @CUNYLaw Prof. @Nermeen_Arastu twitter.com/p4hr/status/14…
- A Year of U.S. Public Opinion on the Coronavirus Pandemic March 5, 2021
- Methodology March 5, 2021