While this decision, issued on January 29, 2018, will not alone protect Ravi Ragbir from removal, Judge Forrest delivered a scathing indictment of our government’s cruel enforcement of immigration laws.
“It ought not to be-and it has never before been-that those who have lived without incident in this country for years are subjected to treatment we associate with regimes we revile as unjust, regimes where those who have long lived in a country may be taken without notice from
streets, home, and work. And sent away. We are not that country; and woe be the day that we become that country under a fiction that laws allow it.”Ragbir-v-Sessions-III-et-al
These are the main documents parents can use to create an advance plan and are available on this site.
Advance Planning Documents for A Child’s “Person”
- Temporary Care & Custody: Designation of Person in Parental Relation (English & Spanish)(Complete English form & follow instructions on form)
- Designation of Standby Guardian
- Designation of Guardian of Minor Children
- Waiver of Process, Renunciation, or Consent to Guardianship
Advance Planning Documents to Manage Property for a Child
- New York State Power of Attorney (Statutory Gifts Rider not included)
- Designation of Custodian under N.Y. Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Representative Payee for Social Security Benefits